Had my first RIF (Reading Is Fundamental) distribution on Friday. I had two guests come in and speak to the 1st - 3rd graders about Native American Month. They were from the Lipan Apache tribe of Texas.
I didn't realize how much had to go in to the distribution. My aide and I had to make certain that there was plenty to choose from for each class. The 1st - 3rd graders were the most difficult because we had several classes at one time in order to accommodate the speakers. The 4th - 5th graders were easier, but we still had to be quick. They came in every 15 minutes.
There are several things I learned from this experience.
1. Don't forget to confirm speakers.
2. Separating books ahead of time makes no sense.
3. Contact central office personnel to post in newsletter.
4. Provide music to tv studio for powerpoint presentation.
5. Wear comfortable shoes.
6. Inform office staff with plenty of time to provide gift.