Friday, December 3, 2010

Book Ordering

I have a library committee that consists of one representative from each grade level and a volunteer parent. Anyone can join us at committee meetings, if time permits. Because this is my first year as a librarian, I am apprehensive about my first order. I have been getting to know the collection and what students' reading choices are these first few months. So I do have some idea of what books to order, but I would like some input. I sent out an email to my library committee members to talk to their grade level and create some suggestions. I asked for titles, topics, reading levels, and/ or genres that they would like to see in the library. I also asked that teachers ask their students if they have any requests. Hopefully I will receive responses from all grade levels by next Friday.

No comments: